I don’t know about you but I honestly cannot wait until this year is over. My minset is in la la land. Long, mentally exhausting yet full of personal growth this year for me. Of course with a few fun events and a not so great event.
Anyways, i’d like to share with you what my year looked like i.e the real stuff:
- Completed first year univeristy with flying colours.
- A wedding with one of my uni friends who I’ve known for a decade.
- Family passing hence…
- Heading back to Malaysia for the above point!
- Grandparent’s 60th wedding anniversary
Job wise, I’m still stuck here and wanted to get uni settled and work on my weaker areas before progressing, hence no job hunt for the first 7 months of the year. Although I did apply and search for suitable jobs within the past 3 months, I wasn’t successful :(. I put so much energy and time into my current role which motivates me to move on and at times has left me going no where.
I am now at that stage where it’s time to move on, needing change. There are things that I want to experience outside my role, but atm it’s not possible with the scope of my role. When I had exposure to a project minute taker, I really enjoyed that and that brought me out of the bubble that I am now back in, if you know what I mean? Time to break the bubble. New year will continue the job hunt until a suited position comes along.
Now here’s the fitness fun stuff:
- Nike NTC event in March
- Game of Zones in June
- Taking up Freeletics Running and Gym coach, taking fitness to a whole new level.
For the personal stuff:
- First casual arrangement which ended 3 months ago, which I enjoyed. Still occaisonally keep in touch to this date. Met another after that ended but chose not to continue to this date.
- Growth in personal self and a change in mindset.
- Know that it’s ok to not know everything and..
- Do what you can do.
Here’s to 2017 in the hopes to new year and possibly change? Lets see where it goes?