Hello fellow bloggers. Where has the first three months gone? So the second quarter of the year began on the first of April (no April fools here). Daylight savings began with one hour back with cooler weather and early nights.
Anyways, today’s post will be a first on this blog. When it comes to food, I like to keep things simple and easy. Today will be on one of my favourite lunch-to go when I’m not bothered meal preparing. Works for dinner too.
Inthelifeoflyd’s Tuna Salad bowl:
- 1/2 cup basmati rice. Bonus if you add cardamon into the rice
- 1 cup of salad leaves of choice but spinach or rocket works best
- 1/2 red onion roughly diced
- 1/2 cucumber and tomato diced
- 1/2 large can or 1 whole small can tuna.
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/4 Avocado
- Fresh Coriander and/or basil leaves.
- Evenly distribute the rice as a base.
- Add layer of leaves,onions, tomatoes and cucumber
- Add tuna and avocado
- Mix lemon juice together with herbs and add to salad. Ready to eat.
- If packing, then let salad sit overnight.
I absoleutly love this combination because of the presence of red onion, herbs and lemon juice together. When making meals, I aim to use seasonings and/or herbs over sauces to keep it as healthy as possible.
Anyways that is all that I have for you today! Feel free to add more or less of the quantities listed.
Until next time.